What is Dark Chocolate
Dark chocolate is a confection made mostly from cocoa, cocoa butter, and sugar; it doesn't contain any milk or milk solids. While the proportions of cocoa, sugar and cocoa butter can vary from brand to brand, the absence of dairy, emulsifiers, and additives is primarily what distinguishes dark chocolate from milk chocolate.
What is the difference between milk chocolate in general?
Chocolate is processed from fermented Cocoa Beans; Dark Chocolate has a higher Cocoa content than milk chocolate and is lower in sugar. In milk chocolate, the chocolate content usually only ranges from 20% to a maximum of 40%. Meanwhile, Dark Chocolate has a chocolate content of 60% to 100%. Dark chocolate is more nutrient-rich with high concentrations of fiber and antioxidants.
Health benefits of consuming Dark Chocolate:
- Dark chocolate contains a high concentration of antioxidants.
- Fiber, iron, magnesium, copper, manganese, potassium, phosphorus, zinc, and selenium are all found in dark chocolate.
- Dark chocolate has been shown to improve mood and reduce the risk of depression.
- Dark chocolate has been shown to lower blood pressure and improve blood flow.
- Dark chocolate can lower the risk of heart disease.
- Dark chocolate may benefit your skin by protecting it from sun damage.
- Dark chocolate has been shown to improve brain function by increasing blood flow to the brain.
- Dark chocolate includes cocoa flavonoids, which may help prevent age-related memory decline.
- Eating 40-120 grams of dark chocolate everyday during menstrual period may help minimize discomfort. This is likely due to dark chocolate's high magnesium content, which may relax muscles and relieve pain.
Eating Dark Chocolate
Eating dark chocolate is an acquired taste for some; you need to let your taste buds get used to the taste of dark chocolate. Not everyone immediately likes the taste of dark chocolate at first, depending on your cultural upbringing. An excellent way to dip your toes into the world of quality dark chocolate is by trying Primo Chocolab. Bali's 65% Dark Chocolate, and to mix it up, you can even try all the different flavors we offer! From there, you can gradually work your way up to Primo Chocolab 80% and eventually even Primo Chocolab 100%. When eating Primo Chocolab. Bali's Dark Chocolate, you will notice that dark chocolate is not that bitter when properly made using only high-quality ingredients and gentle processing procedures.
If you’re feeling like a more sweet-tooth oriented treat (you deserve it), Primo Chocolab. Bali offers a wide range of non-dark chocolate products. Whether you want a milky chocolate bar, with or without nuts or a sweet white chocolate filling enrobed in a dark chocolate shell. We have got you covered on all fronts!
You can indulge in any of our hand-crafted artisan products with peace of mind. As mentioned in the blog prior to this one, Primo buys cacao beans directly from farmers who practice ethical and sustainable farming methods. We pride ourselves in creating great relationships with our suppliers. Supporting farmers by paying just a few cents extra per chocolate bar may not seem like much but at scale, creates a world of difference to our producers' incomes. If you have any further questions or would like to know more about how we strive towards a more sustainable future, both environmentally and socioeconomically send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or hit us up on Instagram DMs @primochocolab.bali